Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Eliminate your rodent problem quickly and effectively with the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap. From set-up and use through cleaning and maintenance, each zap will be a snap thanks to the easy-to-use design. This humane trap kills rodents using a high-voltage shock and since rats are able to restart their hearts, the shock is applied for 2 minutes to ensure higher kill rates. To get started, simply apply a high-protein bait in the provided bait cup, place the trap in a location with high rodent activity and turn it on.Best used for:AtticsGaragesBasementsKitchensHigh-Voltage Shock Humanely Kills Rodents The Rat Zapper® Classic is equipped with smart circuit technology that senses when a rodent enters the trap. Once the rodent is inside, it steps on the metal plates, completing the circuit and the trap delivers a continuous high-voltage shock for 2 minutes to effectively eliminate rat invader. This trap is capable of eliminating up to 20 rats per set of fully charged batteries (4 “AA”).LED Light Alerts With the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap, simplifying your pest control routine is a breeze. Each time the trap catches a rat, the light on top of the trap flashes red to indicate a kill. You’ll know when it’s time to empty your trap without having to check manually.No-Touch Cleanup With the Rat Zapper® Classic, cleanup is effortless! Unlike standard rat traps, you don’t have to touch or look at dead rodents. The rat is contained within the kill chamber, which hides it from sight, while the indicator light lets you know when it’s time to empty. After a kill, just tip the trap to discard the dead rodent into the trash without having to touch it.How to Set the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap For your convenience, the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap is very easy to use. Get your trap setup by following these four simple steps:
Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Product Details Do you want to know more helpful details about the Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap? Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »
- Add Bait - Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Insert Batteries - Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover.
- Place the Trap - Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Turn On - Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A red light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly.
Victor® Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap Bundle Model # BRZC001PROMO Model # RZC001 Traps 3 Kills per Setting 1 Kills per Set of Batteries 20 Batteries Required 4 “AA” batteries Kill Method Humane, high-voltage shock Alert Method LED light Materials Plastic, metalLearn More About Rodent Control At times, rodent problems can seem like a never-ending battle. But, believe it or not, you can get the upper hand. Understanding your enemy – their habits and preferences – is the first step of successful elimination. Check out some of our great resources to find out more about controlling your rodent problems.About Victor® Victor® has been a trusted name in rodent control since 1898. Since the invention of the spring-based trap over 115 years ago, we have been continuously striving to manufacture innovative, quality products that keep your family safe from the dangers of rodents. With a variety of electronic traps, snap traps and repellents available, Victor® has a broad selection of products to meet the needs of consumers. More About Victor® »WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including lead and lead compounds, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap - 3 Traps Model # RZC001 Bundle Model # BRZC001PROMO Traps 3 Kills per Setting 1 Kills per Set of Batteries 20 Batteries Required 4 "AA" batteries - each trap Kill Method Humane, high-voltage shock Alert Method LED light Materials Plastic, metal Usage Notes
- Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover
- Position the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A red light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly
Disclaimer: Victorpest.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateBest product ever
Rarely do you find a product that lives up to its hype - but the Rat Zapper is a stellar example of a product that delivers. This is my second season of using it to eradicate the multitudes of chipmunks that are decimating my garden. Last year, in spite of many rainy days I got 49. Hoping to beat that record, so far I have 32. And over a month of rain when I couldn’t use it. The many stone walls in my garden are a haven for them, as are my bulbs and roses. I sing it’s praises to all my friends and garden club members. It’s the only thing that is effective against them. I may have to put a second one out to increase my rate!
Review RateBest Trap Ever
At first it didn't work because the directions said use dry dog food. I read the reviews and it said use peanut butter. I put peanut butter and a few pieces of dry dog food way in the back. We caught so many rats!!!! It's the best trap ever. We used the spring loaded ones and could't catch anything.
Review RateExcellent zapper
Review Rateworks fantastic
All 3 traps were put to use right away after delivery. I am very pleased with how convenient and easy it is to use. The traps have been using their batteries and it is quick and easy to dispose of the critters.
Review RateRidding atticn of squirrels
I've used your Rat Zappers for years. Recently a friend had an invasion of squirrels in his attic. The local pest exterminator was charging $100 per visit to get them out. I gave him two of the Rat Zappers and he's had no further trouble. His attic is now a "Squirrel-Free Zone". Thank You.
Review RateEffective rat trap
So far so good! We use Trader Joe’s mini peanut butter crackers and the rats seem to love it. We have already caught 3 after only a couple days.
Review Rategreat product
works great get a mice everyday
wish it was weatherproof
Review RateRat zapper
The rat zapper works great. In a matter of a couple of weeks we have seriously decreased both pack rat and mouse populations
Since you don't delivery to Puerto Rico, I had my cousin to Order for me in Orlando Florida she was coming to Puerto Rico on Vacation and she got me the electronic traps.... It work great, in my mom storage room i caught a few already. I had a problem that the rat or mouse used to go to the back of the trap and eat part of the bait. What I did was place a peace of wood at the back of the trap and Bingo it got caught. Which you could delivery to P.R. because I had some friend that I let then borrowed and they like it. For two year and still working I give it a 5 Star.......
Rat Zapper® Classic Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I place the trap?
A: Place the trap along the wall where rodents primarily travel or where you have seen signs of rodent activity. Rats are wary critters and they’ll initially avoid anything new in their environment. Good news is we’re smarter than they are! It may take a few days or nights for the first rat to enter your trap, but be patient!
Q: How do I bait the trap?/What should I use to bait the trap?
A: To bait the Rat Zapper®, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along or on the back wall of the trap. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. We’ve carefully researched dry pet food and found it an excellent lure. Other dried baits (nuts, dehydrated fruit, etc.) can also work well. Goopy Bait Note: Please don’t place moist or goopy bait in your Rat Zapper® unless you place it in a plastic container, like a medium plastic bottle cap, and then slide it to the back of your Rat Zapper®. (Otherwise you may goop the electronics and/or falsely trip the system.)
Q: How do I clean the trap?
A: Through repeat use and baiting, dust and debris can settle on the metal plates inside the trap, so we recommend that you clean your trap between each use. To clean the trap:
- Turn the unit to the off position and remove the batteries
- Use a hydrogen peroxide topical solution (available at most drug stores) and an old toothbrush to clean the inside of the chamber. Use a wire brush as needed to remove any corrosion, being careful not to be too vigorous. This could accidentally remove all of the protective zinc plating
- Allow the Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap to air dry completely
- Replace the batteries and turn the unit back on
Q: What may affect the effectiveness of an electronic trap?
A: To ensure that your trap works when it is supposed to, keep the metal plates clean so the trap won’t trigger at the wrong time.
- Don’t over-bait, as excess food could drop onto the plates and activate the trap, after which any rodent may safely enter to remove the food.
- Make sure that the plates are clear of any debris, especially urine or hair from a recent kill that may interfere with the unit’s proper function. Remember, both plates need to be clean so that the electric circuit is made complete by the rodent stepping on both.
Q:What does it mean when the light blinks red?
A: When you turn on the trap, the red light will appear one time and fade away. This confirms the trap is on and working properly and the light turns off to save battery. The red light will also blink to indicate a successful kill; however, in order to conserve battery, it only flashes about every 7 seconds.