- Add Bait - Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Insert Batteries - Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover.
- Place the Trap - Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Turn On - Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A green light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly.
- Be sure that the trap is powered OFF and batteries are removed before baiting the trap.
- Rodents prefer foods that are high in protein and fat. Try using peanut butter, hazelnut spread, chocolate and meats such as bacon or beef jerky. Be careful not to use too much.
- Rodents have a very strong sense of smell, so only a small amount of bait is needed to attract them to the trap.
- Apply bait to the back wall of the trap (away from the metal plates) using a cotton swab, toothpick, tweezers or similar tool to place bait so that your scent is not transferred to the trap.
- After a kill, turn the unit off, remove the batteries, and then just tip the trap to discard the dead rodent into the trash without having to touch it.
- Clean and re-bait the trap after each use for most effective results.
- Insert batteries and push the power button forward to turn the unit back on. A green light will appear once letting you know that the trap is armed again.
Download PDF »