Cleaning is an essential part of trap maintenance. Proper cleaning ensures that your Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Trap continues to successfully function and eliminate your rodent problems! Follow our step-by-step cleaning instructions to keep your trap working like new.
- Turn the trap OFF, then remove the batteries.
- Use a hydrogen peroxide topical solution (available at most drug stores) and an old toothbrush to clean the inside of the chamber. Use a wire brush as needed to remove any corrosion, being careful not to be too vigorous. This could accidentally remove all the protective zinc plating.
- Allow the interior and exterior of the kill chamber to air dry completely before reassembling.
- Apply new bait to the back wall of the trap.
- Re-insert the batteries and turn the trap on.