Have you encountered an issue with your Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap PRO, or just want to learn more about it? Our convenient FAQs will walk you through the most common customer questions to ensure successful trapping.
Where do I place my trap?
The Electronic Mouse Trap PRO is for indoor use only. Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the rodent entrance nearest to the wall. Be sure that the area is free of dust and debris.
Can I use my trap outdoors?
No, this electronic trap cannot be used outdoors. It uses batteries and electronic components that cannot be exposed to the elements. Placing the trap outdoors will interfere with the functionality of the trap, causing it not to work.
What do the lights mean?
- A green light will flash once when the trap is turned on, indicating the trap is working.
- A blinking green light indicates a rodent has been caught, letting you know it’s time to empty the trap. It will blink for up to 7 days.
- A blinking red light alerts you when the battery power is low and it’s time to insert new ones.
What kind of bait should I use
Rodents prefer foods that are high in protein and fat. Try using peanut butter, hazelnut spread, chocolate and meats such as bacon or beef jerky. Be careful not to use too much. Rodents have a very strong sense of smell, so only a small amount of bait is needed to attract them to the trap. Do not overfill the bait trough.
How much bait should I use?
Rodents have a very strong sense of smell, so only a small amount of bait is needed to attract them to the trap. Place the bait in the bait trough along the back wall of the trap. Use a cotton swab, toothpick, tweezers or similar tool to place bait so that your scent is not transferred to the trap.
How do I know if my trap is working?
You can check to see if your trap is working by turning the trap OFF, then ON again. A green light will appear once to let you know it’s working.
Is this trap safe for children or pets?
The Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap PRO features a built-in safety switch that automatically deactivates the trap whenever the kill chamber door is open. Beveled columns in the tunnel also prevent children and pets from reaching into the trap. When used as directed, this trap is safe for use in homes with children and pets.
What might cause this trap NOT to work?
- Using old batteries may cause the trap not to work. Use a new set of fully charged batteries.
- The batteries may not be inserted properly. Check that the positive and negative ends of the batteries are facing the correct way.
- Placing bait directly on the metal plates may cause the trap to not work. Power the trap OFF, remove the batteries, and clean the inside of the trap. Please check out our cleaning instructions and proper baiting instructions.
- Extended use of the trap may cause buildup of debris and residue. Corrosion of the metal plates is also possible over time. It is recommended to turn the trap OFF, remove the batteries and clean the trap after each use for the most effective results. Please check out our detailed cleaning instructions.
- Water damage may interfere with the functionality of the trap. Be sure the trap is used indoors only on a dry, flat surface. If it is used outdoors or in damp/wet areas indoors, it may not work. Power the trap OFF, remove the batteries and let the unit dry completely before trying to reuse.
How long will the batteries last?
A brand-new set of 4 “AA” batteries will last approximately 3 years on standby if no rodents are caught. Otherwise, the trap can kill up to 100 mice on one set of fully charged batteries. This is subject to change based on the quality of batteries used and how long a caught rodent remains in the trap. The indicator light on the top of the trap will blink until the trap is reset, which contributes to battery drain. If a rodent is caught but remains in the trap unchecked, the batteries may only last a few weeks due to the indicator light blinking constantly.