- Press the power button to turn the trap OFF, then remove the batteries. Open the trap by holding the base of the trap with your left hand and sliding the top backwards with your right hand about one inch. Pull the top away from the base.
- The kill chamber is now ready for cleaning. Use a hydrogen peroxide topical solution (available at most drug stores) and an old toothbrush to clean the inside of the chamber. Use a wire brush as needed to remove any corrosion, being careful not to be too vigorous. This could accidentally remove all of the protective zinc plating.
- Thoroughly dry the interior and exterior of the kill chamber prior to trap reassembly.
- To reassemble trap, hold the base of the trap with your left hand and slide the top into place by pushing forward with your right hand to reconnect the pieces.
- The trap is ready for use.