- Add Bait - Apply a small amount of high-protein bait, such as peanut butter, to the back wall of the trap away from the metal plates using a Q-tip or other tool to avoid transferring your scent.
- Insert Batteries - Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 “C” batteries into the battery compartment before replacing the cover.
- Place the Trap - Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the entrance nearest to the wall.
- Turn On - Activate by flipping the switch to the “ON” position. A green light will blink once to indicate the trap is functioning properly.
- Be sure that the trap is powered OFF and batteries are removed before baiting the trap.
- Rodents prefer foods that are high in protein and fat.
- Try using peanut butter, hazelnut spread, chocolate and meats such as bacon or beef jerky.
- Be careful not to use too much. Rodents have a very strong sense of smell, so only a small amount of bait is needed to attract them to the trap.
- Apply bait to the back wall of the trap (away from the metal plates) using a cotton swab, toothpick, tweezers or similar tool to place bait so that your scent is not transferred to the trap.
- After a kill, turn the unit off, remove the batteries, and then just tip the trap to discard the dead rodent into the trash without having to touch it.
- Clean and re-bait the trap after each use for most effective results.
- Insert batteries and power the trap on. A green light will appear once letting you know that the trap is armed again.
Download PDF »