Rat Zapper® Ultra Rat Trap - 3 Traps
- Product Review (submitted on October 30, 2017):
The Rat Zapper with 4 D cells works. BE PREPARED TO ADD A NEW SET OF D-CELLS every couple of months whether you catch anything or not...That's about $6.00 a set or $36 a year in batteries. I have 3 traps so THAT IS $108 A YEAR ! Also, it is constructed so that it is almost impossible to clean the decomposed dead rat tissue from on and around the bottom electrode. The company has never responded to any information emails. Critters crawling over and on the trap have more than once stepped on the rocker power switch and turned it off and subsequently retrieved the bait (It is easy to know that you have set it properly, because the bright green LED flashes for about 2 seconds when it is turned to on.)
Response From Victor®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We are very sorry to learn about this, Bill, and appreciate the feedback.
To clean this trap, we recommend the following steps.
1. Remove the batteries.
2. Fill a shallow disposable pan with 1 inch of hot water and a dab of dish soap.
3. Allow the unit to soak for one hour.
4. Gently scrub the metal plates with a disposable bottle brush.
5. Rinse the metal plates with clean water. Be sure no water touches the upper portion of the trap.
6. Allow to air dry completely.
Our Consumer Relations Team will be glad to provide additional assistance. Please give us a call at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867). We strive to answer all incoming emails within 24 hours of receipt and would like to learn more about the situation.