Victor® Electronic Rat Trap With Batteries
The Victor® Electronic Rat Trap uses a high-voltage shock to kill rats quickly and humanely. It is very easy to use; simply bait, place, turn on and empty. The trap kills one rat per setting, and can kill up to 50 rats per set of 4 "C" batteries (included). Disposal is easy, too – offering a no-touch, no-see experience.
Easy to Use
The Victor® Electronic Rat Trap is extremely easy to use. Simply bait, place, turn on and empty. The trap is equipped with advanced smart circuit technology that senses when a rodent enters the trap.
Once inside, the rat steps onto the metal plates, completing the circuit and jolting the rat with a 4,000 volt shock. Since rats can restart their hearts after an electric shock, this trap applies a continuous shock for two minutes to ensure a complete, humane kill.
After the rat is dispatched, the trap’s indicator light flashes green for up to 24 hours to indicate a kill. If the trap has low batteries, the light will flash red.
No-see, No-touch Experience
To dispose of the rat, just dump the rodent into the trash without ever having to see or touch it. The trap can then be reset and reused, or discarded if you prefer. To reset, add more bait, then place and turn the trap on. The Victor Electronic Rat Trap is acceptable for use anywhere indoors, or anywhere it’s not exposed to the elements. The trap doesn’t use poisons or chemicals, it’s safe to use around children and pets when used as directed.
The Victor Electronic Rat Trap is easy to set and use. Here’s How:
- Remove the battery cover. Insert 4 "C" batteries.
- Replace the battery cover.
- Bait the trap through the hole in the back wall using a small amount of peanut butter, bacon, dry pet food, nuts, etc. Be sure to use a Q-tip, toothpick or another tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap.
- Place the trap where you have seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel. The trap should be placed lengthwise against the wall with the entrance hole nearest the wall.
- Turn on the trap – a green light will blink once showing the trap is working properly.
- A blinking green light will indicate a kill. Dispose of the dead rodent, bait, reset and place for continued rodent control.
Which Trap is Right for You?Kill per SettingKills per Set of BatteriesBatteries RequiredKill MethodRemote Notification System1 Mouse or Rat50 Mice or Rats4 "C" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shock1 Mouse or Rat60 Mice or Rats4 "D" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shock1 Mouse or Rat20 Mice or Rats4 "AA" batteriesHumane, high-voltage shock
Click Here to See More Features »"No Touch, No View" Disposal MethodSafe for Pets and ChildrenReusableIndoor Use OnlyKill Indicator Notification LightBattery Replacement Notification Light1-Year Warranty
Click Here to See Less
Victor® Electronic Rat Trap With Batteries
- High-voltage shock kills rodent
- Bait, place, turn on, and empty
- Kills 1 rat per setting
- Kills 50 rats per set of batteries
- Blinking green light indicates kill
- Blinking red light indicates low battery
- No-see, no-touch experience
- Indoor use only
- No chemical or poisons, use with caution around children and pets
- Trap is reusable or disposable
- Requires 4 "C" Batteries per trap (included)
Disclaimer: Victorpest.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateDon't buy this product!!!!!
Don't buy this product! I caught one rat and the unit would not turn back on. The batteries were new, but I bought another set of C-batteries and they were not the problem. I cleaned everything and that didn't help either. Now I have a broken rat trap and 8 C-batteries with one rat to show for it.Response From Victor®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience and would like the opportunity to learn more.
This trap is covered by a one year replacement warranty. Please contact our Consumer Relations Team at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867) so we can better understand what has happened and provide assistance.
Review Ratenot sure if this product is working properly.
new purchase, new batteries, nice green light; I used my dogs liver treat with peanut butter and it disappeared??? if i still had the box i would of returned it.Response From Victor®Patty : Consumer Relations Representative
We apologize for this experience, Art, and would like the opportunity to help. Our Consumer Relations Team will be glad to troubleshoot together and make certain that he unit is operating properly. We can be reached at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867).
Review RateLove it
Wow I bought it at 8:00pm at a local store, it is not even12am and I have caught 4 I love this thing. Thanks.
Victor® Electronic Rat Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What position should the switch be in to turn it on?
A: For the Victor® Electronic Rat Trap (model M240), the on position is a dash “-“ and the off position is an “O”
Q: Is the buzzing/clicking normal?
A: The buzzing and slight clicking sound with the Victor® Electronic Rat Trap is normal during the start-up of the trap. When you first turn the trap on, the green light will blink momentarily and then you will hear the buzzing or a slight clicking sound indicating that you trap is working properly and starting up.
Q: How do I bait it?/What should I use to bait it?
A: To bait the Electronic Rat Trap, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along or on the back wall of the trap. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. We’ve carefully researched dry pet food and found it an excellent lure. Other dried baits (nuts, dehydrated fruit, etc.) can also work well. Goopy Bait Note: Please don’t place moist or goopy bait in your Electronic Rat Trap. If you plan on using goopy bait, like peanut butter, place it on the back wall with a Q-tip. (Otherwise you may goop the electronics and/or falsely trip the system.)
Q: How do I clean the trap?
A: Through repeat use and baiting, dust and debris can settle on the metal plates inside the trap, so we recommend that you clean your trap between each use. To clean the trap:
- Turn the power switch off and remove the batteries
- Wipe the metal plates with a damp cloth (use water or unscented dish detergent only).
- Allow the trap to air dry completely.
- Replace the batteries and turn the unit back on for repeated use.
Q: Can it be used outdoors?
A: The Electronic Rat Trap is recommended for indoor use only. This trap was designed and manufactured to be used indoors. If this trap is used outside, the unit could potentially short out due to weather conditions, such as rain.
Q: What may affect the effectiveness of an electronic trap?
A: To ensure that your trap works when it is supposed to, keep the metal plates clean so the trap won’t trigger at the wrong time.
- Don’t over-bait, as excess food could drop onto the plates and activate the trap, after which any rodent may safely enter to remove the food.
- Make sure that the plates are clear of any debris, especially urine or hair from a recent kill that may interfere with the unit’s proper function. Remember, both plates need to be clean so that the electric circuit is made complete by the rodent stepping on both.
Q:What does it mean when the light blinks green? Red?
A: When you turn on the trap, the green light will stay on for 2 seconds to confirm the trap is on. Then the light is supposed to go off. The green light will also blink to indicate a successful kill; however, in order to conserve battery, it only flashes about every 7 seconds. A blinking red light indicates that the batteries are running low and will need to be replaced.