Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap - With FREE Batteries
- High-voltage shock kills rodent in seconds
- Bait, place, turn on and empty
- Kills 1 mouse per setting
- Kills 100 mice per set of batteries
- Beveled columns hold mouse in place for no escapes
- Built-in safety switch and tunnel design protect children and pets
- 100% kill rate
- No-see, no-touch experience
- Indoor use only
- No chemicals or poisons, acceptable to use around children and pets
- Trap is reusable or disposable
- Requires 4 “AA” batteries
Disclaimer: Victorpest.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I place the trap?
A: Place the trap along the wall where rodents primarily travel or where you have seen signs of rodent activity. For example, if you have a mouse in your house (super small droppings as compared to rat droppings, which are about the size of half a raisin).
Q: How do I bait it?/What should I use to bait it?
A: To bait the Electronic Mouse Trap, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along the back wall of the trap in the bait trough provided. We’ve carefully researched and recommend baiting with anything high in protein like peanut butter or hazelnut spread. Place a small amount of bait (the size of a pea) against the back wall of the kill chamber. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. Please don’t place the bait or any other material directly on the metal plates as this will falsely trip the system.
Q: How do I clean the trap?
A: Through repeat use and baiting, dust and debris can settle on the metal plates inside the trap, so we recommend that you clean your trap between each use. To clean the trap:
- Turn the unit to the off position and remove the batteries
- Wipe the metal plates with a damp cloth (water or unscented dish detergent only)
- Allow the Electronic Mouse Trap to air dry completely
- Replace the batteries and turn the unit back on.
Q: Is the buzzing/clicking normal?
A: The buzzing and slight clicking sound with the Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap is normal during the start-up of the trap. When you first turn the trap on, the green light will blink momentarily and then you will hear the buzzing or a slight clicking sound indicating that you trap is working properly and starting up.
Q: Is it reusable?
A: The Victor® Electronic Mouse Trap is reusable. These traps are able to kill up to 100 mice per set of batteries.
Q: What may affect the effectiveness of an electronic trap?
A: To ensure that your trap works when it is supposed to, keep the metal plates clean so the trap won’t trigger at the wrong time.
- Don’t over-bait, as excess food could drop onto the plates and activate the trap, after which any rodent may safely enter to remove the food.
- Make sure that the plates are clear of any debris, especially urine or hair from a recent kill that may interfere with the unit’s proper function. Remember, both plates need to be clean so that the electric circuit is made complete by the rodent stepping on both.
Q:What does it mean when the light blinks green? Red?
A: When you turn on the trap, the green light will stay on for 2 seconds to confirm the trap is on. Then the light is supposed to go off. The green light will also blink to indicate a successful kill; however, in order to conserve battery, it only flashes about every 7 seconds. A blinking red light indicates that the batteries are running low and will need to be replaced.