When you have a bug problem, you want to handle it as fast and as simply as possible. TERRO® Ant & Roach Baits offer a 2-in-1 solution that eliminates the need for multiple products. The top portion of the bait station houses a sweet liquid bait to attract ants, while the bottom portion contains a protein-based paste bait to target roaches and silverfish. On the base, roaches and other target insects can access the lethal bait through three separate entry points. For your convenience, the stay-fresh twist tab keeps the liquid bait fresh until it is opened.
How Does It Work?
Liquid Bait – The liquid bait is designed to target sweet-eating ants. Since this is a bait, initially you will see more ants – but don’t worry, this is a good thing. As ants forage for food, they are easily attracted to the sweet liquid inside the bait stations. After finding the bait, worker ants consume it and leave behind a pheromone trail leading back to the colony. This trail lets other worker ants know where the newly discovered food supply is. This is why you will see more ants in the beginning.
Meanwhile, the active ingredient is slowly interfering with the ant’s digestive system, ultimately killing it, but leaving enough time for the ant to go back and share the dose with the rest of the colony. This slow kill is necessary so that foraging ants can make several trips to the bait, allowing you to get rid of both the ants you see and the ants you don’t.
Paste Bait – The paste bait portion of the station features a protein-based bait that targets roaches and silverfish, as well as some non-sweet-eating ants. Just like the liquid bait, it is designed to attract the target pest, so you will initially see more insects. As the active ingredient takes its toll, populations will decrease.
Where to Use
- Hold bait station firmly with bait pack tab bacing up. Break off the tab being careful not to spill the bait.
- Place the bait station on a flat surface near signs of target pests. Place additional bait stations anywhere ants, roaches or silverfish may enter your home. Heavily infested areas may require additional stations
- Monitor placements regularly, but do not interfere with the pests or bait stations. Replace when bait is depleted or every 3 months.
Where to Place Ant & Roach Bait Stations
Place TERRO® Ant & Roach Baits near ant trails and locations where roaches and other insects are numerous. It’s also a good idea to stop them in their tracks by placing bait stations anywhere insects may try to enter your home. The compact size of the bait stations makes them perfect for placement along baseboards, in corners, on counters, under and behind appliances, on windowsills and near garbage cans.
- 2-in-1 bait solution eliminates the need for multiple products
- Sweet liquid bait attracts and kills the ants you see and the ones you don’t
- Worker ants carry and deliver a lethal dose to the rest of the colony
- Protein-based paste bait attracts and kills roaches, ants and silverfish
- Use along baseboards, on countertops, inside cabinets or under appliances
- Stay-fresh twist tab keeps liquid bait fresh until opened
What’s in the Box
- 4 bait stations