Sweeney’s® Sonic Spike™ - 3 Spikes
Safely send moles and gophers scurrying from your yard unharmed with this easy-to-use mole and gopher spike. When placed in the ground and activated, sonic pulses penetrate the soil, emitting a sound which is highly irritating to moles and gophers who are virtually blind and overly sensitive to sound and vibrations. Climate permitting, leave the sonic mole and gopher repeller in the ground to repel new generations of pests.
The mole and gopher sonic spike is designed with a convenient removable battery sleeve for trouble-free battery replacement. A Spike will work for 4 – 6 months on one set of alkaline batteries*. Spike must be used continuously for 7-14 days before moles and gophers start to move away from the area.
Be sure to insert the Spike into the soil so that the cap is flush with the ground to avoid tripping hazards and the chance of hitting it with a lawnmower. Effectiveness depends largely upon soil type: dry, sandy or peat soil does not conduct the sonic waves easily. Moist clay is the best conductor of sound.
*Spikes use 3 "D" cell batteries, not included.
View video for tips on how to drive moles from your yard with Sweeney’s® Solar Powered Sonic Spike™:
How to Use
- STEP 1-To open, unscrew YELLOW cap counter-clockwise.
- STEP 2-Remove battery cartridge and insert 3 "D" cell batteries. Re-insert the battery cartridge into the Spike. If battery installation is correct, you will hear the first vibrating sound within 15 seconds.
- STEP 3-Tighten the cap securely to keep moisture out.
- STEP 4-Use a wooden or steel rod to make pilot holes prior to inserting the Mole & Gopher Sonic Spikes™. To prevent damage, do not hammer the Spike into the ground.
- STEP 5-Insert Spike until the bottom of the cap begins touching the ground.
- STEP 6-Insert Spike all the way into the ground. This will prevent the chance of hitting it with a lawnmower. Be certain to insert the Spike so that the cap is flush with the ground. If it protrudes an inch or two it could be a tripping hazard. Remember whrere the Spike is located so it may be removed for battery replacement.
- STEP 7-Remove Sonic Spike™ when flooding may occur or before ground freezes.
Sweeney's® - Every Weapon You Need to Protect Your Lawn!TrapsPoisonsGranular & Spray RepellentsSonic Spike RepellentsMode of ActionEase of UseUsage InstructionsSafety InformationReusableWeather ResistantBatteries Required30-Day WarrantyKills; Spears or pinches the mole or gopherModerateLocate active tunnel, place and set trapNo chemicals or poisons, use with caution around children and petsKills; Poisons the mole or gopherEasyLocate active tunnel, place bait in tunnelDo not use around children and petsRepels; Castor oil contaminates the tunnel and the mole or gopher's food sourceEasyLocate active area, spray/shake directly from container, water-in with hoseNo chemicals or poisons, safe to use around children and petsRepels; Sonic pulses repel the mole and gopherEasyLocate active tunnel, place spike near tunnelNo chemicals or poisons, safe to use around children and pets
Click Here to See More Features »
Click Here to See Less
Sweeney’s® Sonic Spike - 3 Spikes
- Moles and gophers are chased away unhyarmed
- Easy-to-use removable battery chamber
- Will not harm pets
- Spike covers up to 7,500 sq ft
- Sonic pulse emitted every 30 seconds
- Spike operates in a circular pattern, approximately 95 ft in diameter
- Mow over design - bury flush with the ground
Disclaimer: Victorpest.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Review RateWorks greatI have two sonic spikes covering 1500-2000 sq ft. In one month the moles were gone and have not been back in 6 months now. Batteries hold up well. Make sure you pull them out before you mow over them. Ask me how I know!
Review RateAmazon Reviewworks well as far as functioning - gophers do seem to go further away from spike areas....I like the fact that it does not kill the animals, and is not harmful to my pets in any way....good humane way to discourage moles.
Review RateAmazon Review, I love this productThis product delivers what it say's it does! I have no more gopher problems! Just wish the batteries didn't cost so much!!
Review RateAmazon Review, Working as promisedSeem to be encouraging the gofers to move on. In my soil (sandy clay with rocks) I needed another set to cover the property.
Review RateAmazon ReviewI found this to be the only deterrent that worked on keeping moles our of our back yard. I used 4 across the lawn, and replace the batteries every 6 months. One of the units no longer functioned after 12 months, but the manufacturer replaced it free of charge on the warranty.
Review RateAmazon Review, Very effective productThese work very well with long battery life. We have sandy and rocky soil and within a few days activity moves away from our yard. The units will also keep ground squirrels and skunks away from out buildings.
Review RateAmazon ReviewWe have a major mole problem in our yard and have to have these all of the time. We cannot use pesticides because they are bad for the environment and we have indoor/outdoor pets. They work really well but we do have to replace them usually about once a year, usually because my husband whacks them with the weed eater:(
Review RateAmazon ReviewThe best battery operated sonic mole resistor I've found. Long lasting & durable. Reasonably priced too. I purchased a 2nd pair after trying the 1st.
Review RateAmazon Review Perform as advertisedMy three lawns were covered with excavated mounds of soil. Two weeks after installing two stakes on opposite sides of each lawn was no more evidence of gopher activity. The backyard lawn is 50 feet wide by 30 feet deep.
Review RateAmazon ReviewI have to admit, I was not expecting much.... But I am very pleased with my little spikes....3 weeks later and the dirt mounds are gone, the grass is growing again, and the little stinkers seem to be gone.!!!i.I would recomend this treatment to anyone who does not want to mess with the poision, or to try to actuall catch them!!
- All About