Sweeney’s® Heavy Duty Sonic Spike™ - Buy 2 Get 1 FREE
Looking for a proven, humane and eco-friendly way to keep your lawn and garden free of destructive moles, gophers and other burrowing animals? The search is over. Sweeney’s® Heavy Duty Sonic Spike™ is a proven problem solver. This ingenious mole and gopher spike produces a penetrating underground sonic pulse at 15 second intervals, which safely chase away burrowing animals and prevent them from returning. Though pets are unaffected by the noise, it is highly irritating to moles, gophers and other burrowing animals and sends them scurrying away in search of more hospitable surroundings.
Easy-on-the-pocket and environmentally friendly, the unit boasts a solid aluminum shaft and a water-tight cap that blends into landscapes. Each long-lasting, durable Heavy Duty Sonic Spike covers an impressive 11,250 square feet (1/4 acre). Easy to use, the virtually maintenance-free spike is equipped with a removable battery chamber so batteries can be changed without removing the unit from the ground.
How it works
The Heavy Duty Sonic Spike uses advanced technology to repel moles, gophers and other destructive burrowing animals. The spike emits penetrating pulses that expose animals to auditory stress, encouraging them to leave the property unharmed in search of a more peaceful home. And better yet, the 300 Hz sonic pulses are released in 15 second intervals which prevent the animals from becoming accustomed to the sound, thus discouraging return visits.
Day and night, the Heavy Duty Sonic Spike works around the clock to protect your yard from these destructive animals without the use of poisons or traps - so you can rest easy knowing the unit is perfectly safe to use around children and pets. And in case you’re worried, you’ll be happy to know the Sonic Spike is also completely harmless to worms and other underground bugs.
The easy-to-use, unobtrusive Heavy Duty Sonic Spike can be buried flush with the ground for hassle-free mowing. We call it good design. You’ll call it convenient.
How to Use
- To open, unscrew green top cover and remove battery chamber. Insert four ‘D’ cell batteries. If battery installation is correct, you will hear the first sound within 15 seconds.
- Replace the battery chamber and tighten top cover to guarantee maximum weather protection.
- Make a pilot hole before inserting the Heave Duty Sonic Spike into the ground.
- Insert the Heavy Duty Sonic Spike into the ground up to the corrugated top. Do NOT hammer or push the spike into the ground as this may cause damage to the unit.
- Alternatively, you may insert the unit all the way into the ground to prevent running over the unit with your lawnmower.
Sweeney’s® Heavy Duty Sonic Spike™ Buy 2 Get 1 FREE
- Moles, gophers and ohter burrowing animals are chased away unharmed
- Each spike covers up to 11,250 sq ft (1/4 acre)
- Sonic pulses emitted every 15 seconds
- Operates in a circular pattern, approximately 120 ft in diameter
- Safe to use around children and pets
- Water resistant
- Bury flush with ground for easy mowing
- Convenient, removable battery chamber
- 4 alkaline 'D' batteries required (not included)
- Unit will work 4-6 months on one set of batteries
- Activity decreases after 7-14 days of use
Disclaimer: Victorpest.com does not endorse any information contained in product reviews. Please follow all label instructions for your specific use.Sweeney’s® Heavy Duty Sonic Spike™ - Buy 2 Get 1 FREE is rated out of 5 by 2.Rated 2 out of 5 by Norm from Not happy. I bought these in early May. My garden area is 40' x 40' 1600 square feet. I placed 2 at opposite corners and one in the center. After 5 months all 3 were still working as they should be. Did not deter the voles at all, they would push up piles of dirt within 4' of the repelers and continue to eat my plants from underneath.Date published: 2016-10-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Fifi from Thank goodness for this product! We have had a problem with squirrels, mice, and rabbits eating the wiring of our cars as well as digging holes and destroying our vegetable garden. We had been using poison, mothballs, peppermint...you name it we tried it to no avail. About a week after starting with the spikes our "invasion" is literally zero! We are so happy that we found this product!Date published: 2016-09-26
Will these adversely affect my chickens and dogs? Also, is the price listed per spike, or per 3 spike package? thanks.
- All About