The original wood-based wire snap trap, the Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap provides instant rodent control and is safe for household use. For effective mouse control, each trap comes pre-baited with a large, scented plastic ‘swiss cheese’ trip pedal. The large pedal is easily activated – both by rodent interest in food and through accidental contact as mice scamper across the floor – to ensure maximum trapping.
With superior quality and effectiveness, the Victor® mouse trap has become the #1 selling trap in the world - with over 1 billion sold. Also, Victor® mouse traps are the professionals’ trap of choice.
Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Traps are the only traps constructed from environmentally responsible, Forest Stewardship Council certified wood. Made in the USA! 20 traps per bundle.
Once a rodent triggers the pedal, the mouse trap immediately springs closed to eliminate the pest on contact. It can then be easily disposed of for quick and clean removal. The traps require no chemicals or poisons, so they are an ideal mouse control device for use around food, water, children and pets.
The disposable mouse traps are safe for use around food, water, children and pets. Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Traps are perfect for use anywhere in the home. These mouse traps should be placed where rodents travel, such as along walls at 2 to 3 foot intervals.
I only use the plastic Victor mouse traps since they work better for me than any other that I have tried, even the older metal Victor traps.
Tomcat proved to be worthless. I previously had a hard time setting these traps beause they are quite sensitive until I started using a pliers and screwdriver. I bait the trap with a little peanut butter, then hold the trap open along the very outside corner with the pliers, make sure the trigger is under the "cheese", hold the cheese at an angle with a large regular screw driver, slowly release the pliers while still holding the cheese up at an angle. Finally carefully remove the screwdriver and the trap will be set. It works like a charm, its fast and I don't even hate setting the trap anymore.
BEST TRAP EVER! November 13, 2012
Reviewer: clap trap
64 mice killed since 10/2008. These traps NEVER MISS. I glue the traps to paint sticks so my wife doesn't have to get close to the dead mice, and we use them only one time. That may be the reason some of the other folks are having trouble with them. In my ongoing battle to rid my house, I've renovated and sprayed the walls with foam on 80% of the house. Still having trouble sealing the remaining 20% and won't be able to access walls until I demo the basement. In any event, woke up this morning to the TomCat brand imatation which missed one! The Victors are the only ones which work EVERY TIME, but they're not always easy to find in stores. I long for the day I never have to use your product! : )
RESPONSE FROM VICTOR PEST
NOVEMBER 13, 2012
Thank you for your online review of the Victor® Easy Set® Mouse (model M032). We are so pleased to hear of the great success you have had using these traps. Gluing paint sticks to the trap for easy disposal is such a clever idea – thank you for sharing!
Your feedback is appreciated. If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-855-5-VICTOR (1-855-584-2867).
Individuals in a rodent population search for different types of food. For mice, anything high in protein like peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread is a great option. Also, nesting materials like dental floss, cotton or string are also great options. Try to use whatever bait or nesting material the rodents are currently feeding on or using to build nests.
Do I have to bait the trap?
The Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap is pre-baited with a strawberry scent. Additional baiting is not required, but to increase your chances of catching a rodent, feel free to bait the trap. For mice, anything high in protein like peanut butter, chocolate or hazelnut spread is a great option. Also, nesting materials like dental floss, cotton or string are also great options. Try to use whatever bait or nesting material the rodents are currently feeding on or using to build nests.
How do I set the trap and how do I change to and from the firm and sensitive setting?
An instruction sheet and video are available that will give detailed step-by-step instructions on how to bait, set, place and dispose of the Victor® Easy Set® Mouse Trap. The instruction sheet and video also give detailed instruction on how to use the firm and sensitive setting and the difference between the two.