WE LIVE IN A CONNECTED WORLD – NOW YOUR RAT TRAP CAN, TOO When you’re dealing with a rodent problem, there’s plenty of frustrations to deal with – remembering to constantly check your traps shouldn’t be one of them. With the Victor® Smart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap, you can get updates from your trap no matter where you are! This innovative Wi-Fi-enabled trap pairs with an app on your smartphone or other mobile device and sends a notification to alert you of a catch, letting you know when it’s time to empty the trap without having to check.3 Easy Steps to Get Started In addition to offering flexible and convenient rodent control, the Victor® Smart-Kill™ Wi-Fi Electronic Rat Trap is also easy to set up. In three easy steps, you can have your trap up and running with the ability to monitor multiple traps from your mobile device.Wi-Fi-Capability Gives the Power to Monitor from Anywhere The compatible app distinguishes the Smart-Kill™ trap from other electronic traps by simplifying your pest control routine. It’s quick to set up and pair with your trap, and allows you to give unique names to your traps so you can easily identify them. Not only will the convenient app notify you of a catch, but it will also keep track of the total kills over the trap’s lifetime as well as monitor battery life.High-Voltage Shock Humanely Kills Rodents This powerful device works by delivering a humane, high-voltage shock to effectively eliminate rat invaders, and is capable of eliminating up to 50 rats per set of fully charged batteries (4 C-cells). Plus, with this trap, there’s no need for poisons or chemicals, allowing it to be used anywhere inside your home or business.Removable Lid Ensures Easy Cleaning The sleek industrial design boasts a removable lid, providing convenient access to the trigger plates so you can easily clean it in between uses. Once a catch is made, power off the trap and remove the lid. Then simply dispose of the dead rodent in the trash without ever having to touch it!Convenient Bait Door for Effortless Bait Application With a built-in bait cup, you will know your trap is properly baited. Access the cup by opening the bait door located at the back of the trap. To get started, use a toothpick or cotton swab to apply a high protein bait such as peanut butter or hazelnut spread in the cup. Then place your trap in an area with high rodent activity and turn it on.VICTOR SMART-KILL™ ELECTRONIC RAT TRAP PRODUCT DETAILS Do you want to know more helpful details about the Smart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap. Take a closer look at the in-depth specifications for this product. Complete Product Details »
Victor® Smart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap Model # M2 Kills per Setting 1 Kills per Set of Batteries 50 Batteries Required 4 C-cell batteries (not included) Kill Method Humane, high-voltage shock Alert Method Wi-Fi-enabled text alerts App Functions
- Rodent caught notifications
- Battery monitoring
- Lifetime kill records
- Empty trap reminders
- Social sharing
Materials Plastic, Metal«»Victor Product Comparison See how the Smart-Kill™ compares to other Victor® electronic rat traps.Kills per SettingKills per Set of BatteriesBatteries RequiredKill MethodAlert MethodSmart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap: M21 Rat50 Rats4 "C" BatteriesHumane, high-voltage shockWi-Fi-enabled mobile alerts1 Rat50 Rats4 "C" BatteriesHumane, high-voltage shockLED light1 Rat60 Rats4 "D" BatteriesHumane, high-voltage shockLED lightLearn More About Rodent Control At times, rodent problems can seem like a never-ending battle. But, believe it or not, you can get the upper hand. Understanding your enemy – their habits and preferences – is the first step of successful elimination. Check out some of our great resources to find out more about controlling your rodent problems.Questions and Answers Want to know more about using the Victor® Smart-Kill Electronic Rat Trap? Check out our answers to the most common questions from customers.QUESTION: HOW DO I CONNECT MY TRAP TO WIFI?Answer: Go to Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device. Select the trap, which is VICTOR following by 15 alphanumeric digits. Press “CONNECT”, then press the back button. Select the Wi-Fi network to connect the trap to. Enter the network password for the Wi-Fi network, then press the red “CONNECT” button. It may take up to 1 minute to connect. A notification appears when the trap successfully connects.More Questions & AnswersAbout Victor® Victor® has been a trusted name in rodent control since 1898. Since the invention of the spring-based trap over 115 years ago, we have been continuously striving to manufacture innovative, quality products that keep your family safe from the dangers of rodents. With a variety of electronic traps, snap traps and repellents available, Victor® has a broad selection of products to meet the needs of consumers. More About Victor® »
Victor® Smart-Kill™ Wi-Fi Electronic Rat Trap - Specifications
- A notification will be sent to the user's mobile device indicating when a kill has been made
- Kills 1 rat per setting and up to 50 rats per set of fully charged batteries
- High voltage shock kills rodent
- Trap is reusable
- Removable kill chamber for easy cleaning
- Includes a convenient bait cup
- No chemicals or poisons, use with caution around children and pets
- Requires 4 C-cell batteries per trap (not included)
- Indoor use only
Smart Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap - Support
Learn more about how to use, clean, and troubleshoot your Victor® Smart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap by navigating through our helpful customer support section.
Victor® Smart-Kill™ Electronic Rat Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: HOW DO I CONNECT THE TRAP TO MY WI-FI?
A: Go to Wi-Fi settings on your mobile device. Select the trap, which is VICTOR following by 15 alphanumeric digits. Press “CONNECT”, then press the back button. Select the Wi-Fi network to connect the trap to. Enter the network password for the Wi-Fi network, then press the red “CONNECT” button. It may take up to 1 minute to connect. A notification appears when the trap successfully connects.
Q: HOW DO I BAIT THE TRAP?
- Be sure that the trap is powered OFF and batteries are removed before baiting the trap.
- Rodents prefer foods that are high in protein and fat. Try using peanut butter, hazelnut spread, chocolate and meats such as bacon or beef jerky. Be careful not to use too much. Rodents have a very strong sense of smell, so only a small amount of bait is needed to attract them to the trap.
- Open the bait door, which can be found on the back side of the trap.
- Use a cotton swab, toothpick, tweezers or similar tool to place bait so that your scent is not transferred to the trap.
Q: WHERE SHOULD I PLACE THE TRAP?
A: Place the trap on a flat surface against a wall where you have seen signs of rodent activity. The trap should be placed lengthwise with the rodent entrance nearest to the wall.
Q: CAN THE TRAP BE USED OUTDOORS?
A: No, an electronic trap cannot be used outdoors. It uses batteries and electronic components that cannot be exposed to the elements. Placing it outdoors will interfere with the functionality of the trap, causing it not to work.
Q: HOW DO I EMPTY THE TRAP?
- Press the power button to turn the unit OFF.
- Remove the batteries.
- Properly discard rodent. Clean and bait the trap after each use for most effective results.
- Insert batteries and press the power button to turn the unit back on. The trap will automatically reconnect to Wi-Fi.
Q: HOW DO I CLEAN THE TRAP?
- Press the power button to turn the trap OFF, then remove the batteries. Open the trap by holding the base of the trap with your left hand and sliding the top backwards with your right hand about one inch. Pull the top away from the base.
- The kill chamber is now ready for cleaning. Use a hydrogen peroxide topical solution (available at most drug stores) and an old toothbrush to clean the inside of the chamber. Use a wire brush as needed to remove any corrosion, being careful not to be too vigorous. This could accidentally remove all of the protective zinc plating.
- Thoroughly dry the interior and exterior of the kill chamber prior to trap reassembly.
- To reassemble trap, hold the base of the trap with your left hand and slide the top into place by pushing forward with your right hand to reconnect the pieces. The trap is ready for use.
Q: WHAT TYPE OF BATTERIES DOES THE TRAP USE?
A: The trap requires 4 “C” batteries. Be sure to use new, fully charged batteries for best results.
Q: WHAT DO THE APP NOTIFICATIONS MEAN?
A: Please visit our support section for more information on app notifications.Learn More »