Rat Zapper® Classic 2-Traps
Let's face it: killing rats probably isn't one of your favorite things to do. This is why the Rat Zapper® Classic was made to be as humane, safe, and easy to use as possible. If you want a top-quality solution that will deliver years of dependable service, buy the electronic Rat Zapper® Classic for quick control of your rodent problem.
Rat Zapper® offers Two Sizes to Fit Your Needs: Classic or Ultra
If you have average-sized rats and a need for less than 20 kills per set of batteries, get the Rat Zapper® Classic electronic rat trap, equipped with a large chamber size. However, if you are dealing with larger rats, consider buying the Rat Zapper® Ultra (sold separately), equipped with the largest chamber size available and suited to kill more than 20 rats per set of batteries.
The hands-free, "no touch, no view" disposal reduces the "yuck" factor of a common mouse and rat trap. Cleanup is easy and it can be reused indefinitely--your friends and family will want to borrow it for safe, humane rat elimination.
Safe and Sanitary
The Rat Zapper® Classic is perfect for use anywhere in the home. Built with high-quality electronics, recycled plastics, and recycled packaging, the Rat Zapper® Classic is both effective and environmentally friendly. It is ideal for attics, garages, basements and sheds. While it's always wise to use caution around children and pets, there is no blood, mess, chemicals, or poisons with the Rat Zapper® Classic.
You can "zap" 20 rats with one set of 4 “AA” batteries, which makes it a truly effective rat trap.
How It Works
The Rat Zapper® Classic is equipped with smart-circuit technology that senses when the rodent enters the trap. Once the rodent is inside, the rat steps onto the metal plates, completing the circuit and the trap delivers a quick, humane 8,000 volt shock. Since rats have the ability to restart their hearts, the shock is applied for 2 minutes ensuring a high kill rate. Each time the trap catches a rat, the light on top of the trap flashes red to indicate a kill.
Easy to Use
How easy are they to use? Very--and that's just one reason why they're so popular. Just insert batteries, bait, place, turn it on and relax.
1. Insert 4 “AA” batteries into the battery compartment.
2. Using the entrance, bait the trap along the back wall using a small amount of peanut butter, dry pet food or nuts.
3. Place the trap where you have seen signs of rodent activity or along the wall where rodents primarily travel.
4. Turn on the Rat Zapper® Classic. A red light will blink once indicating the trap is working properly.
Which Trap is Right for You?Kill per SettingKills per Set of BatteriesBatteries RequiredKill MethodRemote Notification System1 Mouse or Rat50 Mice or Rats4 "C" batteriesHumane 7,000 volt shock1 Mouse or Rat60 Mice or Rats4 "D" batteriesHumane 8,000 volt shock1 Mouse or Rat20 Mice or Rats4 "AA" batteriesHumane 8,000 volt shock
Click Here to See More Features »"No Touch, No View" Disposal MethodSafe for Pets and ChildrenReusableIndoor Use OnlyKill Indicator Notification LightBattery Replacement Notification Light1-Year Warranty
Click Here to See Less
Rat Zapper® Classic Rat Traps - 2 Traps
- Works as a mice zapper trap as well as for average-size rats
- Easy to use – insert batteries, bait, turn it on, place, and relax
- Hands-free “no touch, no view” disposal reduces “yuck” factor of a common mouse and rat trap
- Cleanup is easy and it can be reused indefinitely – your friends and family will want to borrow (and keep!) it
- One set of 4 AA batteries = 20 kills
- Battery replacement notification
- Safe and sanitary – while always wise to use caution around kids and pets, there is no blood, mess, chemicals, or poisons
- High 8,000-volt two-plate design delivers shock lasting two full minutes
- Red indicator light flashes repeatedly upon kill
- One-year warranty and lifetime customer support
- 2 traps
Rat Zapper® Classic Trap - Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where do I place the trap?
A: Place the trap along the wall where rodents primarily travel or where you have seen signs of rodent activity. Rats are wary critters and they’ll initially avoid anything new in their environment. Good news is we’re smarter than they are! It may take a few days or nights for the first rat to enter your trap, but be patient!
Q: How do I bait the trap?/What should I use to bait the trap?
A: To bait the Rat Zapper®, first make sure the trap is turned off. Place the bait along or on the back wall of the trap. Be sure to use gloves or a tool to bait so your scent is not transferred onto the trap. We’ve carefully researched dry pet food and found it an excellent lure. Other dried baits (nuts, dehydrated fruit, etc.) can also work well. Goopy Bait Note: Please don’t place moist or goopy bait in your Rat Zapper® unless you place it in a plastic container, like a medium plastic bottle cap, and then slide it to the back of your Rat Zapper®. (Otherwise you may goop the electronics and/or falsely trip the system.)
Q: What may affect the effectiveness of an electronic trap?
A: To ensure that your trap works when it is supposed to, keep the metal plates clean so the trap won’t trigger at the wrong time.
- Don’t over-bait, as excess food could drop onto the plates and activate the trap, after which any rodent may safely enter to remove the food.
- Make sure that the plates are clear of any debris, especially urine or hair from a recent kill that may interfere with the unit’s proper function. Remember, both plates need to be clean so that the electric circuit is made complete by the rodent stepping on both.
Q:What does it mean when the light blinks red?
A: When you turn on the trap, the red light will appear one time and fade away. This confirms the trap is on and working properly and the light turns off to save battery. The red light will also blink to indicate a successful kill; however, in order to conserve battery, it only flashes about every 7 seconds.